Sunday, January 19, 2014

January 19, 2014

On Friday I brought four quilts to be longarm quilted by Galyna of Quilting Treats. One of these quilts is the one I was holding for the Wall of Shame. Of course this means that I need to make four bindings and sew them on. Good projects for the library Wednesday group.
Yesterday I caught up with all of my BOMs and started to complete the sashing and borders for the strawberry quilt. A few inches into sewing the sashing I sewed my finger! The needle broke and got wedged at an angle thru the throat plate and into the bobbin case. I wrapped my finger in some tissue and tried to pull out the needle. No luck. Realized I needed a pliers. My husband, Tom, was not home so I went to the basement to look for pliers. This is Tom's tool area.
There are hundreds of rusty ghoulish looking things down here, but not one screwdriver, hammer or pliers.
When he returned home I asked whether we had any basic tools.
Apparently they reside in his car.

No comments:

Post a Comment